Monday, July 4, 2011

Why Worry

When was the last time you didn't worry about something in your life ? I'm pretty sure your answer to that question is never. There is always something to worry about. If some one asked you the purpose of worry in your life what would you say? The answer is plain. None. Worry has no purpose in your life. It gets you nowhere. You can't progress from worrying over a situation nor can you do anything to change it. What you can do is stay calm about it and let life take its course. Now I will admit I'm not one of those people to do that. I've been a  worrier many times in my life and I have suffered many times over.

Only today I received an extremely important document in the mail that had been sent through Fed Ex 3 weeks earlier. The document however, had an error on it. Given the nature of the documents I decided to use a courier service rather than regular mail to ensure   it was securely sent. Little did I know that my hassle free dealing with Fed Ex would now cause me a worry some  two weeks. I had to have the document resent only this time I was not willing to incur charges from a courier service and opted for regular mail.

So what did I do for two weeks? Well worry of course! Every day I checked my mailbox to see whether I had any mail and of course every day would be another disappointment. After the second week I began to speak to myself. What use is it in worrying over something I have no control over? Are sleepless nights really worth it? I will eventually receive it in the mail. If I am patient enough I will receive it. My worry had created panic. All I could think of was receiving that letter. When would I? That was all I kept asking myself.  Surprisingly today I was not agitated at all. I was calm and guess what I saw? My letter waiting for me in the mail.

Two weeks and 30 heart attacks later,  I am worry free. I do have lots more to 'worry' about. Am I going to do that? Absolutely not. There is no need to create unnecessary unhappiness and stress in your life. If you want to live a great life then you must change your attitude and outlook. Will you worry or will you leave it let it be? We're too busy worrying to even see the seasons change before us. Stop worrying and start living.
Naturally I'm ending this with the anthem of all anthems! The happy song :)







No comments:

Post a Comment